Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pilot Watch: Masters of Sex

I meant to write about this way earlier in the week, but um, Lazy.  All I'll say at this point is that I really, really enjoyed this show.  In case you don't know, it's about Masters and Johnson and the groundbreaking sex research they did in the 1950's.  The casting is great and I love Lizzy Kaplan getting regular work.  They also did a really good job of not seeming prurient about the amount of sex in the show.  I mean, if you're gonna do a show about sex research, well, there's gonna be a lot of sex.  And there is, but it doesn't feel gratuitous, and I like that.  I can deal with gratuitous sex on something like Strike Back, cuz that's the genre and it's kind of funny, but a serious show about sex needs to be more careful and they did a good job in the pilot.  I'll keep watching this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment