Sunday, October 13, 2013

Halloween 2013: Four Flies on Grey Velvet


I realized after I reviewed The Bird with the Crystal Plumage that I still needed to see a few more of Argento's early films.  Bird was his first movie, and Four Flies was his second.  And for once I'm going to review something that I JUST saw, which means I'll actually remember the dang plot.

Robert is a musician who thinks someone is following him.  After following the stalker and confronting him, Robert accidentally kills the man.  While this is happening, someone is taking photos of the murder.  Shortly after, Robert begins to receive these photos in the mail and hidden around his apartment.  Who is sending these photos and why?  Will the answer make a ton of sense?? 



Well, watch and you'll find out who was sending the photos.  You'll also get to see Argento in the early stages of what would become his signature style.  There isn't a ton of gore in this movie, but there are quite a few excellent set pieces and while it's not a great movie, it does have a lot to recommend it if you like Italian horror.  If you've seen more than a few Argento movies, it'll be kind of obvious who the killer is, but I don't know that the mystery is the point of watching an Argento movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment