Monday, January 10, 2011

New TV Watch: Bob's Burgers


Bob's Burgers is a new animated show on Fox. I watched primarily because Kristen Schaal, H. Jon Benjamin and Eugene Mirman are doing voices for it. Mostly for Schaal, though. In the previews I saw, her character Louise is wearing pink bunny ears and she was talking about her parents grinding meat. If you've seen or heard Kristen Schaal, you know she has a rather unique voice and while grinding meat isn't funny in and of itself, with her saying it, it was much funnier than it should have been.

So how was the rest of the show? It was all right. I'll probably watch again just to see what they do with it, but I dunno. Other than Louise in her pink bunny ears, the show wasn't that funny or interesting. I rather enjoyed the first 10 or so minutes and then I was ready to switch channels (if there had been anything else on). I think that my enjoyment will be ensured if they just make Louise the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment