Friday, February 14, 2014

TV 2013: Disappointments

I'm just not feelin' it this year.  Meaning, I don't feel like doing a big roundup of anything from last year like I usually do.  It would help if I did the whole year-end wrap-up stuff earlier.  Well, maybe next time.  Anyway, here's a quick hit of some disappointing shows from last year so I can keep clearing out the Drafts folder.

THE BIGGIE:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I soooooo wanted this show to be good.  I waited.  And waited.  And made excuses.  And ya know?  It's just not good.  It's made enough improvement that unless the quality goes backward, I'll probably keep watching the rest of the season, but I dunno.  I don't look forward to it and it mostly makes me sad.  It should look like and BE a high quality show, but instead it's not much better than a crappy SyFy original.  Don't get me wrong: SyFy has a few quality shows, but the crappy ones are quite crappy.  And a show with this much money behind it should LOOK like it has a big budget.

Downton Abbey
It was mostly fine until that car crash.  SO BAD.  Such a bitchy and sad way to remove a character who decided he was ready for the Big Time in Hollywood.  (Dan...Somebody...)

Community
The 4th season just wasn't...right.  Let's move on.

Cougar Town
Despite a stoopid title, I gave this show a try and it turned into a fun little show about a bunch of weirdos hanging out together.  And I loved it.  And then it moved to TBS, and it was ... okay.  I won't blame that on TBS because I just don't know if that's why I started falling out of love with the show, but it went from being something I watched on the DVR the next evening, right away, to something I got behind on.  And I "flew to Florida" for the newest season, but have yet to watch any and I suspect I won't.  I guess it just couldn't last forever.

The Tomorrow People
I wanted to like this show so much.  Pretty people, interesting concept...CW...I was THERE.  And I quite liked the pilot.  But I dunno, I just...lost interest.  The characters weren't interesting enough.  It didn't feel like it was going anywhere.  And I just stopped watching, and I likely won't go back.





No comments:

Post a Comment