Friday, February 14, 2014

Movie Review: Evil Dead


Hi there, Mia.  You're looking a little...evil dead crazy there.  You're kinda creeping me out TBH.

EVIL DEAD, YOU SO BLOODY!!  Seriously.  I thought Dead Alive was the bloodiest movie I'd ever seen, but I dunno.  Evil Dead was just very seriously gory.  I'm not complaining.  But it must be said, if you don't like blood and other fluids, stay away. 

The night I watched this, I unfortunately broke my main rule regarding horror movies: I watched it with the lights on, knowing dinner was on the way.  Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.  I guess I figured since I'd seen the original and already knew the plot, I didn't need to do my usual thing.  Which is too bad because the movie is very atmospheric.  I was hugely unsettled by the mood and tone and it would have been an even greater effect had the lights been out.  Plus, of course, the matter of dinner.  I mean.  Come on.  I had to pause the movie and turn on some regular teevee while I hurriedly ate my dinner so I could get back to the movie.

As a remake, it was a pretty good one.  My only real complaint was that the two women in the movie (other than Mia) were pretty boring and forgettable.  Which is too bad, considering the awesomeness of Mia.  Of course, when you have Jane Levy playing a character, you know she's gonna be fun to watch.

I'll just end on this note cuz TOTES ADORBS:

1 comment:

  1. I watched this in bed, with the hubby (who is known for having his pinch my leg at the really scary parts, thus scaring me further) and it was truly unsettling. I have a serious eye thing and that needle part.... Gah! Just, nightmares for weeks!

    But I agree that the two other tertiary women, felt like complete blanks. I guess I can find that livable because I finally watched something where that Shiloh Hernandez was in that didn't make me want to vomit in my mouth, so there's that....

    ReplyDelete