Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pilot Watch: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I'm not ashamed to admit I love Andy Samberg.  Tall, goofy and doesn't mind looking like a damn fool.  I may go on and on about the hotness of the Idris or the Tatum or the Statham, but what really gets my motor running is a tall, goofy-looking dude with brown hair.  Maybe it's the sense that if I met him in real life, there might actually be a chance he'd talk to me.  Anyway, I love Samberg.  I loved Hot Rod, which basically means I am actually a 14-year old boy.  So be it.

All of that is to say I was pre-disposed to like Brooklyn Nine-Nine.  The presence of Samberg guaranteed I would at least watch one episode.  The presence of Andre Braugher meant that it might actually be a quality show.  And guess what?  I liked it quite it a bit.  It was funny, it had Samberg being goofy, Andre Braugher said "meep morp," and I am so in.  It's also kind of nice to watch a cop show that's not heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment