Monday, January 30, 2012

TV 2011: Favorites

Well, I had 11 favorites for 201, so I might as well have 11 again.

Boardwalk Empire
I liked the first season well enough, but not enough for it to make my favorites list.  Heck, it didn't even make my runners-up list, which surprises me.  In any case, I thought the show this year made me care more about the characters and I dunno, it was just better.

Breaking Bad
What is there to say?  Go read a critic's view of WHY this is the best show EVER.  All I can see is Me Likey da show.

Community
Mostly I just like how willing this show is to just try different things rather than coast along doing what it knows will always work.  Cuz that only lasts so long until the audience starts to get bored (see: 30 Rock).

Enlightened
I'm not exactly certain why this is here.  It's such an odd show.  I don't really know how I feel about the characters and I don't know what's up with this Amy person.  All I know is that I was completely fascinated by her and want to know what happens next. 

Homeland
I'm so glad to have Damian Lewis back on my television.  Just a really, really good show.

Justified
Margo Martindale.  'Nuff Said.  Well, almost.  Have to give props to Boyd Crowder as one of the most enigmatic characters on television right now.  Never quite sure where his loyalties are and it's fascinating to watch.  Plus: Olyphantiness.  YUM.

Louie
This is a show that (probably along with Louis CK himself) I still can't quite believe is airing on television.  It's so weird and honest and messy and heartbreaking and laugh-till-you-puke funny.  So daring and original and I love every minute of it.

Parks and Recreation
I still love this show.  It has more heart than Community and it's more daring than 30 Rock.  (Not to bag on 30 Rock here.)  This show just makes me gleeful at times.

Revenge
REVENGE!!!  Damn, what a fun, evil little show this has turned into.  Soapy goodness.

Treme
Now that I'm looking at this, I'm not sure it really was a favorite, but I think that's just because it was on so long ago.  Mostly I just watching it and letting the atmosphere of New Orleans wash over me.  And the music.  And Antoine Baptiste, that suave mother fucker.  YUM.

The Vampire Diaries
I think this year TVD has taken a small dip in quality, or something.  However, Evil Stefan kinda makes up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment