Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween stuff

I decided that this week would be Horror Movie week for me. I love horror movies. I'm also a librarian, and I love organizing things, so my initial idea for my blog was to compartmentalize all the weird and varied things going on in my head. I could have a horror blog, a TV blog, a book blog, a politics blog, etc. But even I'm not that lame, and even if I were, I'm just too damn lazy. So my blog is a big mess of all the different stuff I like and I'm fine with that. Especially since no one but me is reading it!! Fuck all you nonexistent readers, I didn't need ya anyways.

Anyhoo, I sometimes like to do what I think of as "pop culture education." That means that I'll see multiple references to a movie I've never seen on five different blogs in one week and I'll decide to put that movie on my netflix queue and then bump it to the top of the list. Cuz I have a powerful need to "get" all of the pop culture references! Except as they pertain to new, stoopid shit like the Beiber guy and the Miley Montana person. I'm fine being ign'ant of stoopid shit like that.

Usually these pop culture references are to '80's movies I never saw. Sometimes these educational trips work and sometimes they don't. The Goonies turned out to be all right, but without the nostalgia, I suspect I missed something. Monster Squad I couldn't even get through half of. But Big Trouble in Little China was a lot of fun, and I'm glad to have seen it.

What I'm leading up to here is that I've already watched some horror movies I'd never seen and I'm gonna do brief reviews of them. I discovered I don't really like writing proper reviews, like Ebert would do, cuz I really hate summarizing the plot to a movie when all you have to do is go to imdb.com or something and get a plot summary. So my reviews will probably be brief and stoopid, but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment